Sunday, September 12, 2010

Info Dump

This was largely an unproductive weekend for writing. I only have myself to blame for that.

Saturday was great. Spent the morning at the kids first soccer game. They are on different teams and the first game was against each other. My daughter got a wicked grin on her face as she saw that her brother was goalie before she scored the last goal of the game on him. Though he didn't care, he was just having fun playing. Was a great game and they were really having fun.

Saturday afternoon saw us at the waterfront and the PGH Irish Fest. I could not believe the number of people drinking miller lite. Really? At the Irish fest? Why were they even selling it? Anyway. We went to see Gaelic Storm. They were awesome again as usual. Wish we could have stayed for the later show. Tori had a great time seeing all the Irish breed dogs. Then she got to see the girls from Shovlin dance school. She is starting there tomorrow and was pretty excited to see them.

Reading a book right now, and it's just not that great. I'm not feeling any compelling need to finish it. And I wonder how something like this got published. You read some stuff like Rothfuss and you are blown away by it. Other stuff you read and it's not super amazing writing but highly entertaining and you are pulled along anyway. Then that third category and you are just kind of "huh?". Seems that way with a lot of stuff though. Television, movies, music.

Publishing climate being what it is now, the chances seem smaller than ever. Thankfully there is the internet to get things moved along. There is still that desire to have a printed and bound copy in my hands.

Of course, I should have probably worked on my own fiction instead of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment