Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Much Abused Blog

There you are blog, sitting there all patiently, waiting for me to update you.

Has been a bit of an adjustment getting back into work, learning new processes and how they do their work at this company. Ariba is really a great company to work for, I am glad I'm in there. Just need to get up to speed on things. That covers the insurance and mortgage side of things.

Obviously writing has taken a bit of a dip. Where I was hitting 1k a day easy, now I am closer to the 300-500 range. I am sure that will pick back up in time. Of course, school is still looming in the background somewhere too. So much to do, so little time. But that is life isn't it? No one here 30 hours in a day right? Or did I miss the memo on that one?

This is in fact probably the first time I have even picked up my laptop in over a month. I've hardly used it since we got our droid phones. I can easily update my writing from my phone (not an ideal situation, but it works on the go). Otherwise, just haven't felt much of a need to use this bulky device. If there was some kind of dock that I could plug my droid into and have it go to a normal size monitor and keyboard, I would do away with the computer all together. You hear that droid people? Let's make it happen. Banish my computer to the depths of some recycling bin, please.

And that is that. Have some writing to do before I head off to bed tonight.

4 comments:

  1. My Captivate has TV-out - your droid might as well (get something like this) and a bluetooth keyboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be sweet. I was looking at bluetooth keyboards. I just don't think mine has any kind of video out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new Droid X phones have a mini-HDMI port on them. I believe they also support bluetooth keyboards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, sweet. I assumed mine was just too old (regular motorola droid). Glad to hear it is there with future models. 18 more months before I get a free upgrade :)

    ReplyDelete