Monday, August 9, 2010

The Good Rejection

If such a thing can truly exist. I think it is by far the best rejection I received. This one from Abyss and Apex, for my story "Flesh and Tome".


 It was well received here, but after some thought we have decided not to accept it for publication.
I hope you'll consider us again

I'll take that. Now I just have to figure out where to try next. I've been working on Dragon Lords so much lately that I haven't put too much thought into my shorter works. Anything else I would want to send around would likely need severe revisions. That's called progress.

This week Scalzi is announcing the winners for his contest, so there is still hope for that also.

Started back to work this week. Nothing exciting so far, but hey, it was my first day. As wonderful as my summer with my family has been, it is good to get back to work and relieve myself of some of the pressing concerns that go along with being unemployed.

Edit: PodCastle was the winner. I really like listening to their stories. Maybe next they will read mine!

2 comments:

  1. Woah. That was both a letdown and a compliment. No word on why they didn't publish? No more space perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was definitely both. So close, just not quite enough. They didn't say more than that. I was reading their livejournal page a bit, and it looks like they get down to the end with stories they like but have to cut a few.

    ReplyDelete