Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lost Pages

Finished the first draft for Lost Pages last night. Once I got to the middle of the story, it was flowing pretty well. As I mentioned earlier, I already wrote this story once. The climax came pretty easily, with only a few minor adjustments from last time. So now I just need to edit it, then out the door it goes. There is a polish challenge coming up at Liberty Hall soon, so I may post it there too.

My wife got me Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird for Christmas. I'm really enjoying the book. The best thing I've taken from it is she mentioned ABDCE.

A - Action
B - Background
D - Development
C - Climax
E - Ending

I hadn't heard of this before, but it really crystallized the project for me. I saw a clear delineation for each section. I'll be keeping it in mind for the future.

So now to edit the story. It definitely needs to be cleaned up. I'd like to have it submitted by the end of this week, but I think next week is a much more realistic goal. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Bird by Bird was great. I read it first when I had just started writing, and then again about two years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think it's one I'll pick up to read every so often :)

    ReplyDelete